Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Poem

I just received some wonderful/insightful  verbal feedback from a friend on "Night Shadow" and it has spurred me on to post anothe poem.  This poem originated many, many years ago; but I have never been satisfied with it.  I recently put it through a major revision.

Talking Trash

When I yearned to weep,
     you brought me a double espresso.
When my life tilted to one side,
     you brought home sushi and saki.
When I gingerly stepped into insanity,
     you broiled lobster, crabs, clams.

When I clamored to celebrate
     close clouds in winter sky;
When i stopped to savor
     rain slipping through my auburn hair;
When I fancied a twirl, a whirl
     a dance with blustery wind;

You buried me in cigarette butts--
     those stinking crusts of boredom.
You wrapped me so snuggly
     in last month's Seattle Times.
You broke me into ragged pieces
     with your anger's empty ale bottles.

Then--

With your "Ricky Rat's Ass" voice on
You summoned the garbage collectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment